Laser hair removal treatments are a great option for people who want smooth hair-free skin without the hassle of shaving or dangerous chemicals, or painful waxing. In a few treatments, you can live this convenient life, just in time for bathing suit season! There are a few steps you should take after you start treatments. Make sure to follow these steps after you start treatments.
Post Treatment Care
- We will apply a soothing aloe and vitamin E lotion to treated areas.
- There is no downtime with laser hair removal, so you can immediately engage in normal activities following your appointment.
- We advise the use of sunscreen for the next 48 hours.
- Immediate and continuous sun exposure, tanning, or working under halogen lights is to be avoided.
- Remember, immediate redness (erythema) is to be expected and generally goes away in a few minutes or hours. Important to note, it is generally considered a desirable side effect because it evidences effective damage to the follicles. However, as erythema presents itself as redness to the treated area, most people prefer to schedule appoints for treatment of the face or other visible areas on a Friday or over the weekend so that normal skin tone returns before the start of a new week.