We want your experience with laser hair removal to be as successful as possible! While we promise exceptional laser hair removal treatment in our clinic, we encourage our clients to take these pre-treatment steps to make their results with laser hair removal successful:
To obtain the highest level of efficacy, it’s important to take a moment to review these pre treatment considerations. By printing this list, you’ll have a comprehensive check-list for remembering these essential guidelines to make the most of your laser hair removal appointment. In addition, we’ll review these at the time of making your appointment and answer any questions you may have. By doing so, we’re able to provide the highest level of care while guaranteeing the best results.
Pre Treatment Care
- Please give a close shave to the areas receiving treatment the morning of your appointment. For harder to reach places, such as the backside, we can provide assistance just prior to application of our laser.
- The area to be treated should be freshly cleaned and left free from any make-up, perfumes, lotions, creams, and/or antiperspirants.
- Areas to be treated should be as light as possible, so avoid tanning 2 weeks leading up to treatments. Also, avoid sunless tanning products leading up to your appointments.
- Do not wax or otherwise remove the roots of the hair follicles 3 weeks prior to receiving laser hair removal. Studies suggest, however, that waxing 3 weeks prior to an appointment may increase overall efficacy – as every treated hair is now in its active state of growth.
- Do not bleach any hair to be treated, or lighten its color.
- You must advise us of any medications you’re currently taking or have taken in the past 6 months which increases sensitivity to light. Examples include several antibiotic and antifungal medications as well as isotretinoin.
Want to learn more about laser hair removal with Laser Smooth Company? Call us today at 503.867.6386 or contact us here!