Laser Hair Removal Before and After Treatment Careon Friday, February 1, 2019
To ensure the best results for laser hair removal, there are important steps to follow both before and after any laser hair removal treatment. Laser Smooth Company wants all of our clients to have the best results from their laser hair removal treatment. We are eager to advise on before and after care to ensure you obtain amazingly smooth hair-free skin.
- Please give a clean shave (no stubble) to the areas receiving treatment the morning of your appointment. For harder to reach places, such as the backside, we can provide assistance just prior to application of our laser.
- The area to be treated should be freshly cleaned and left free from any make-up, perfumes, lotions, creams, and/or antiperspirants.
- Areas to be treated should be as light as possible, so avoid tanning a minimum of one month leading up to treatments. Some skin types require longer than one month for a tan to fade or skin to return to its natural color. You must be at your natural color to achieve the best results with the least probability of side effects. Please also avoid sunless tanning products leading up to your appointments.
- Do not wax or otherwise remove the roots of the hair follicles for a minimum of three weeks prior to receiving laser hair removal.
- Do not bleach any hair to be treated or lighten its color.
- You must advise us of any medications (topical or oral) you’re currently taking or have taken in the past 6 months which increase sensitivity to light. Examples include several antibiotic, antifungal, retinol, or isotretinoin.
- We will apply a soothing aloe and vitamin E lotion to treated areas. Reapply at home as needed.
- There is no downtime with laser hair removal, so you can immediately engage in normal activities following your appointment.
- We advise the use of sunscreen ALWAYS to treated AND non-treated areas.
- Be gentle with the treated area, do not exfoliate immediately following a treatment and no heat or hot water to the treatment area for 24 hours after treatment.
- Immediate and continuous sun exposure, tanning, or working under halogen lights is to be avoided for at least one month post-treatment.
- Remember, immediate redness (erythema) is to be expected and generally goes away in a few minutes or up to 24 hours. It is important to note that it is generally considered a desirable side effect because it evidences effective damage to the follicles. However, as erythema presents itself as redness to the treated area, most people prefer to schedule appointments for treatment of the face or other visible areas on a Friday or over the weekend so that normal skin tone returns before the start of a new week.
By following these steps, you can get the best out of your laser hair removal treatments. Kiss razors and waxing goodbye once you’ve been in the caring hands of Laser Smooth Company. With laser hair removal, we will permanently reduce body hair and give you the smooth, hair-free skin you deserve!
Laser Smooth Company offers the best laser hair removal treatment in the Gresham area. We are always open for free consultations, and we’d love to help you take the first steps towards permanently hair removal. We are conveniently located at 2850 SE Powell Valley Rd in Gresham, Oregon. We are waiting for your visit.
Contact us or call (503) 867-6386 for your consultation today!