Are you planning to get laser hair treatment? Make sure you do these pre-treatment steps to make sure you are getting the best results! Here are some tips for pre-treatment care.
- Please give a close shave to the areas receiving treatment the morning of your appointment. For harder to reach places, such as the backside, we can provide assistance just prior to application of our laser.
- The area to be treated should be freshly cleaned and left free from any make-up, perfumes, lotions, creams, and/or antiperspirants.
- Areas to be treated should be as light as possible, so avoid tanning 2 weeks leading up to treatments. Also, avoid sunless tanning products leading up to your appointments.
- Do not wax or otherwise remove the roots of the hair follicles 3 weeks prior to receiving laser hair removal. Studies suggest, however, that waxing 3 weeks prior to an appointment may increase overall efficacy – as every treated hair is now in its active state of growth.
- Do not bleach any hair to be treated, or lighten its color.
- You must advise us of any medications you’re currently taking or have taken in the past 6 months which increases sensitivity to light. Examples include several antibiotic and antifungal medications as well as isotretinoin.
Learn more about what you can do before your treatments at: www.lasersmoothcompany.com/before-and-after-care/