Some people are unsure what they should do before or after they get laser hair treatments. Here are some tips from Laser Smooth Company.
To obtain the highest level of efficacy, it’s important to take a moment to review these pre and post treatment considerations. By printing this list, you’ll have a comprehensive check-list for remembering these essential guidelines to make the most of your laser hair removal appointment. In addition, we’ll review these at the time of making your appointment and answer any questions you may have. By doing so, we’re able to provide the highest level of care while guaranteeing the best results.
Pre Treatment Care
- Please give a close shave to the areas receiving treatment the morning of your appointment. For harder to reach places, such as the backside, we can provide assistance just prior to application of our laser.
- The area to be treated should be freshly cleaned and left free from any make-up, perfumes, lotions, creams, and/or antiperspirants.
- Areas to be treated should be as light as possible, so avoid tanning 2 weeks leading up to treatments. Also, avoid sunless tanning products leading up to your appointments.
- Do not wax or otherwise remove the roots of the hair follicles 3 weeks prior to receiving laser hair removal. Studies suggest, however, that waxing 3 weeks prior to an appointment may increase overall efficacy – as every treated hair is now in its active state of growth.
- Do not bleach any hair to be treated, or lighten its color.
- You must advise us of any medications you’re currently taking or have taken in the past 6 months which increases sensitivity to light. Examples include several antibiotic and antifungal medications as well as isotretinoin.
Post Treatment Care
- We will apply a soothing aloe and vitamin E lotion to treated areas.
- There is no downtime with laser hair removal, so you can immediately engage in normal activities following your appointment.
- We advise the use of sunscreen for the next 48 hours.
- Immediate and continuous sun exposure, tanning, or working under halogen lights is to be avoided.
- Remember, immediate redness (erythema) is to be expected and generally goes away in a few minutes or hours. Important to note, it is generally considered a desirable side effect because it evidences effective damage to the follicles. However, as erythema presents itself as redness to the treated area, most people prefer to schedule appoints for treatment of the face or other visible areas on a Friday or over the weekend so that normal skin tone returns before the start of a new week.
Learn more about Pre and Post Treatment options from Laser Smooth Company.