When you want to give your skin some TLC, you don’t have to run out to your nearest beauty store. You may have just what you need in your kitchen to make your very own face masks in the comfort of your home.
Cocoa Hydration Mask
This mask includes three ingredients that are excellent for your skin. The avocado promotes skin hydration, cocoa makes for an amazing skin-soothing antioxidant, and honey is both antibacterial and anti-inflammatory.
Follow these steps for this mask:
1. Mash one quarter of an avocado in a small bowl.
2. Stir in one tablespoon cocoa powder and one tablespoon honey, mashing and mixing well.
3. Apply the mask to your clean, dry skin for 10 minutes.
4. Wash off with warm water, then moisturize as per usual.
Honey Nourishing Mask
Because honey is a natural antibacterial, it is excellent for fighting acne. Nutritional yeast, rich in B-vitamins that help to calm the skin barrier, is also great for fighting acne.
For this mask, you’ll want to:
1. Brew one cup of chamomile tea with two tea bags and let cool completely.
2. In a tiny bowl, stir together one tablespoon of manuka or raw honey, and one teaspoon of nutritional yeast.
3. Add just enough chamomile tea to the bowl to create a thicker paste that’s still runny enough to spread across your skin, but not too watery.
4. Apply a thin layer to your face and let sit for 20 minutes.
5. Rinse off and pat dry. Moisturize afterward!
Organic Banana Mask
This mask will promote a natural skin glow and is also gentle on all skin types.
For this mask, simply:
1. Mash one-half of a banana in a bowl.
2. Mix in a tablespoon of orange juice and a tablespoon of honey.
3. Apply the mask to your face (lumps are totally fine!) and keep the mixture on for 15 minutes.
4. Rinse with lukewarm water and then moisturize.
This breakfast-themed mask helps calm and mattify oily skin, thanks to its mix of soothing oatmeal and tightening egg yolks.
For this mask, follow these instructions:
1. Combine one egg yolk, one tablespoon of honey, and one tablespoon of olive oil (yes, olive oil) with half a cup of oatmeal.
2. Stir well, then apply it to your face for 15-20 minutes.
3. Rinse with lukewarm water (make sure your drain is cool with oatmeal!) and then moisturize.
Give your skin the care it needs with laser hair removal
Another way to treat your skin is to give yourself the gift of permanent hair reduction. Don’t continue to fumble with razors and waxing to get the smooth skin you want. Laser hair removal is the only option that permanently reduces body hair and leaves you with smooth, soft skin.
Laser Smooth Company offers the best laser hair removal treatment in the Gresham area. We are always open for free consultations, and we’d love to help you take the first steps towards permanent hair removal. We are conveniently located at 2850 SE Powell Valley Rd in Gresham, Oregon. We are waiting for your visit.
Contact us or call at (503) 867-6386 for your consultation today!